GCHI 201800Z AUTO 02015KT 360V060 9999 SCT050 19/13 Q1016
El Hierro Airport GCHI
El Hierro Airport (IATA: VDE, ICAO: GCHI) is an airport located 9 km (5.6 mi) northeast of Valverde. It is the only existing airport on the Island of El Hierro, Spain. It was inaugurated on December 1972 and it is called Aeropuerto de los Cangrejos.
However, in spite of its size and its limited timetable, it was the airport which had the most increased in number of passengers and merchandise in the Canary Islands in the year 2007.
The air traffic is national, and the flights are normally from/to Tenerife North, Gran Canaria and La Palma. In 2011, the airport posted 170.225 passengers, 4.674 operations and 135 tons of merchandise
|Transition altitude:||6000 ft.|
|GCHI Online stations|
|Number||Course||Length||Elevation||Lat||Lon||ILS||ILS freq||ILS FAC||GP|
|16||159°||4101ft / 1250 m||71ft||27.81985||-17.889975||✘||-||-||3.0°|
|34||339°||4101ft / 1250 m||103ft||27.809842||-17.884136||✘||-||-||3.0°|